[OpenIndiana-discuss] Permissions of cdrom device?

Dan Swartzendruber dswartz at druber.com
Fri Apr 1 02:53:12 UTC 2011

Hi all.  I have OI build 148 installed.  Installed virtualbox 4.0.4 and it
mostly works fine.  One thing that doesn't: I create a VM, put a CD in the
optical drive, attach the VM's cdrom to the host drive and click on the
start button.  Vbox throws a permission denied error.  I have to chmod 444
on the raw device and try again.  Works okay until I detach from it and
re-attach and it's back to a mode that my regular user ID can't read.  I
assume there is some setting somewhere that fixes this?  Kinda surprised the
default permissions are useless for non-root users...