[OpenIndiana-discuss] Pancakes vs. Waffles

panamayacht at gmail.com panamayacht at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 13:21:46 UTC 2011

What about teacakes?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Gunderson <kgunders at teamcool.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 07:19:41
To: <openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org>
Subject: [OpenIndiana-discuss] Pancakes vs. Waffles

Hello List:

Waffles rule.  Pancakes really, really suck.  So do people who like
pancakes.  Pancakes get really soggy, especially after you pour on the
syrup.  The world would be much better off without pancakes.  Unless
they're sourdough and grilled just right. Or you're camping.  But then
they still take too long to cook and use up a lot of stove fuel.  So
really, the smarter solution is to just drive to town and get waffles
for breakfast.

Waffles are far superior in that the nook and crannies created by the
waffle pattern result in greater surface to volume ratio.  Combine this
with being cooked in a waffle iron and you get a more crisp exterior
that offers a far superior surface for containing maple syrup.  Not to
mention a much more interesting mouth feel.

Speaking of syrup, real maple syrup is the best.  Fake syrup really,
really sucks.  So do people who manufacture, market, and buy it.  I
mean, it's totally unhealthy with all that high fructose corn syrup. Not
to mention all the oil energy required to grow it. If not for all the
govt. subsidies,  the cost of production would far exceed any
economically viable use of corn for things like high fructose corn
syrup, ethanol to add to gasoline, etc. Indeed, the US Government has
become totally corrupted by BIG Corn.

It's all part of the big agriculture, big corn conspiracy to rule the
US, if not the entire world. We are therefore socially obligated to
boycott corn.  People who eat corn are fascists. Unless it's corn you
grew in your garden. I like green beans much better anyhow.  And sweet
peas.

Speaking of fructose, 5 carbon sugars suck.  People who like 5 carbon
sugars also really suck. 6 carbon glucose is much more elegant.  The
tyranny of symmetry is a good thing.  Embrace it.

Warm regards--  Ken

--
Ken Gunderson <kgunders at teamcool.net>