[OpenIndiana-discuss] Pancakes vs. Waffles

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Fri Apr 1 13:43:39 UTC 2011

> I was gonna make a comment about Sourdough Belgian Waffles, but nah......
>
> ;-)
>
> On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 9:24 AM, Jonathan Adams <t12nslookup at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I like waffles, and I eat them most of the time (95%), but every so
> > often my son wants pancakes (5%) ...
> >
> > What I'd propose is that we try to make pancakes more like waffles so
> > that the people who eat waffles will feel more comfortable with them,
> > and won't feel alienated when they come to having to eat them instead.
> >
> > Jon
> >
> >> From: Ken Gunderson <kgunders at teamcool.net>
> >> Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 07:19:41
> >> To: <openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org>
> >> Subject: [OpenIndiana-discuss] Pancakes vs. Waffles
> >>
> >> Hello List:
> >>
> >> Waffles rule.  Pancakes really, really suck.  So do people who like
> >> pancakes.  Pancakes get really soggy, especially after you pour on the
> >> syrup.  The world would be much better off without pancakes.  Unless
> >> they're sourdough and grilled just right. Or you're camping.  But then
> >> they still take too long to cook and use up a lot of stove fuel.  So
> >> really, the smarter solution is to just drive to town and get waffles
> >> for breakfast.

What you all are forgetting that omelettes are the true and proven
industry standard.  All major crockery vendors are shipping free
omelette vouchers with their dinnerware, all their plates come with
"designed for omelettes" stickers.  So why bother eating anything
else?

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim                     Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J. H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt