[OpenIndiana-discuss] Permissions of cdrom device?

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 1 14:09:07 UTC 2011

Might not be the permissions.

There  are at least two, if not three removable media daemons running on a default install.  They tend to get in arguments about who owns the drive.  I discovered this when a UFS flash disk got mounted and I had to reboot the system to unmount it.

rmvolmgr is under smf control, so it's easy to stop.  I haven't found what starts the other or what the name is.  Since it can't handle ZFS, it can't mount the USB HD I'm using and can be ignored.  But it *is* annoying.

Have Fun!
Reg