[OpenIndiana-discuss] Garbage being printed by format command?

Dan Swartzendruber dswartz at druber.com
Fri Apr 1 14:50:27 UTC 2011

I had done an OI install onto a PATA disk. After reboot, I followed a
howto to convert the rpool into a mirror, and it seems to all work.
However, when I run the format command, I see this:

AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS:
0. c1d0 <ð¦äþäþPp¸nHãþ®ÈpÀ…äþð¦äþäþppØn0"ãþõ cyl 19454 alt 2 hd 255
sec 63>
/pci at 0,0/pci-ide at 4/ide at 0/cmdk at 0,0
1. c1d1 <ð¦äþäþPp¸nHãþ®ÈpÀ…äþð¦äþäþppØn0"ãþõ cyl 19454 alt 2 hd 255
sec 63>
/pci at 0,0/pci-ide at 4/ide at 0/cmdk at 1,0

Does it seem like I hosed the label or something? I can boot from this
rpool and everything *seems* to work. Not sure if I should be concerned
or not?