[OpenIndiana-discuss] PostgreSQL 9

Bruno Damour llama at ruomad.net
Fri Apr 1 20:22:16 UTC 2011

There is a compiled version for opensolaris, can be downloaded.
>> I have smf manifest / function working (tweaked from old sun
>> versions) I can share
>> Bruno
>> PS : running postgresql-9.0.3 on solaris 11 express

Hello, here I am
* download link :
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v9.0.3/solaris/solaris11/i386/
* manifest (.xml) (to import with svccfg) and method (lives in
/lib/svc/method) are attached.
I installed (ie untarred) pg in /opt, comes up under
/opt/postgres/9.0-pgdg/, you can customize the manifest before import if
you want to install elsewhere.
I have install the two versions (32 and 64), and my datadirs are
/data/postgres90_32 and /data/postgres90_64, you'll have to tweak that
as you want (and of course, you have to untar the 2 tarball if you want
both.
you can tweak afterwords with svccfg.
Good luck
Bruno