[OpenIndiana-discuss] Installing on USB stick

Andrew Myers am2605 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 21:44:48 UTC 2011

Hi Reg,

Actually this is what I'd done initially, and the problem was that it
appeared to work but then wouldn't boot on subsequent attempts.

However what I'd done was booted from the live USB image (because of
the SATA issue discussed elsewhere, I couldn't even get the live cd to
boot).  So I had 2 USB sticks inserted at once, which is possibly the
problem since it appears the having it in the same port each time is
important.

So I'll try again, but this time will change the SATA setting in my
BIOS (which when I checked yesterday does indeed let me boot from the
live CD).  Fingers crossed!

Andrew.

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 3 15:20:41 UTC 2011