[OpenIndiana-discuss] VPN Connections

Andrew Myers am2605 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 22:00:07 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've come to OI from the Linux world (Fedora), and need to set up a
VPN connection to my office network.

In Linux I have used the Gnome NetworkManager applet to add them.
Where do I go in OI to create a VPN connection?  I'm happy to do it
from the command line if necessary, but I don't know where to start.

Also, if I go through the menu option System -> Administration ->
Network it prompts me for the root password but when I enter it
nothing seems to happen (no visible app opens anyway).

Thanks in advance,
Andrew.