[OpenIndiana-discuss] Question about restricting visibility of comstar targets

Dan Swartzendruber dswartz at druber.com
Sun Apr 10 01:44:07 UTC 2011

Please forgive the imprecision here, as I don't have access to the machine
in question at this point.  I have a number of iSCSI targets I want to make
visible to various client systems.  I don't want any client to see any
targets not intended for it.  From reading the docs, I thought that could be
accomplished by a combination of target, target group, host, host group and
views, and set up several LUNs that way.  Unfortunately, when a client's
initiator does a discovery, OI seems to advertise every LUN it knows about.
Am I missing something here?