[OpenIndiana-discuss] Question about restricting visibility ofcomstar targets

Dan Swartzendruber dswartz at druber.com
Sun Apr 10 17:35:37 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Driggs [mailto:gdriggs at gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2011 1:29 PM
To: Discussion list for OpenIndiana
Subject: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] Question about restricting visibility
ofcomstar targets

"LUN 0: There is one LUN which is required to exist in every target: zero.
The logical unit with LUN zero is special in that it must implement a few
specific commands, most notably Report LUNs, which is how an initiator can
find out all the other LUNs in the target. But LUN zero need not provide any
other services, such as a storage volume."

*** Okay, but this doesn't answer my question - e.g. the docs seem to say
that proper use of view, host groups, etc, will restrict which LUNs are
visible to which initiators, but I am not seeing that behavior.