[OpenIndiana-discuss] pool messup

Gabriel de la Cruz gabriel.delacruz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 12:03:05 UTC 2011

Hi,
your list looks very familiar to me;
I had something similar on a supermicro motherboard, if you did not
configure all the independent drives as separate jbods in the raid
controller, the order of the  drives was mysteriously swapping at boot
time. Neither ZFS, neither a conventional raid on Linux was working,
the Linux root mirror was behaving truly funny.
The hardware was ok, just a bunch of odds.

I never had the time to find the logic behind the problem, I guess
configuring the raid cards is a good practice... even if you are doing
software raids.

You should check every possible cause, one by one, the painful way.
Cheers