[OpenIndiana-discuss] pool messup

Gabriel de la Cruz gabriel.delacruz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 18:39:51 UTC 2011

This is an entry level proliliant, very standard gear. I cannot
believe that you would be the first one using them with ZFS (those
sell really well) Is the Jbod configured? I mean, are all the the
drives correctly defined in whatever config utility provided at boot
time?
Are the drives in both chassis failing?

Supermicro is affordable and pretty basic but I fear using them in any
other way than what they were designed for. Is there something on
those chassis that you were supposed to configure? Those devices are
designed and tested with very traditional raid an jbod setups in
mind... think if there is something you didnt do but you would need to
do in case of setting up a traditional jbod storage...

Back when I had my problem I was testing all the drives 1 by 1 and all
the cables, and all the different combinations of things... it was all
useless. when something so fishy appears beware of the controllers. To
make a memtest is a good idea, you could let it running over night, if
memory corrupts probably there is some hardware problem in the
motherboard.

Thats all that comes to my mind... is the hardrive order swapping
between reboots?

But my bet is supermicro, or the way you configured the jbod utility.

Good luck