[OpenIndiana-discuss] CIFS slow reads but fast writes

Dan Swartzendruber dswartz at druber.com
Tue Apr 19 01:19:18 UTC 2011

Hmmm, just got going on this (had to work late.)  Anyway, I'm setting up the
iscsi and cifs shares now, but as an experiment, I did this:

time dd of=/dev/null if=testfile bs=1M count=16K

write speed = 322 MB/s

then did this:

root at nas:/tank/smbtest# time dd of=/dev/null if=testfile bs=1M count=16K

read speed = 412 MB/s

seems like this lets disk/fs off the hook, no?