[OpenIndiana-discuss] CIFS slow reads but fast writes

Dan Swartzendruber dswartz at druber.com
Fri Apr 22 03:55:29 UTC 2011

Hmmm, looks like it might be realtek lossage.  Crystaldiskmark just finished
the read phase.  Getting about 56MB/sec, which isn't tremendous, but it
beats the snot out of the 33 or so the RT was generating.  I then re-ran the
iSCSI crystaldiskmark test, and got about the same amount!  e.g. cifs is
faster with the e1000 but iscsi slower.  Not sure if there is some tuning
parameters for the e1000 card on the win7 that are dragging things down.
It's late and I think I've beat my head on this enough for tonight :)