[OpenIndiana-discuss] ZFS with Dedupication for NFS server

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Fri Apr 22 15:13:39 UTC 2011

Jerry Kemp writes:
> That was my understanding also.  I thought that only the binary/distro
> roll outs were stopping.
>
> Can someone "in the know" comment further on this?
>
> On 04/22/11 08:23, Ben Taylor wrote:
> > I thought Oracle was going to continue to release source snapshots after
> > a binary release had been made.

There has not been any public commitment by Oracle.  It is generally
hoped that they will release a source snapshot some time after they
have released Solaris 11 GA, which is currently announced for "second
half of 2011".  So we will have to wait and see what happens.

However, if you are in a position to do so, you can contact your
Oracle account representative, and tell him why you need the source
code for your business, and why you would buy more from Oracle if
you had the source.  I am confident that Oracle pays attention to
such things.

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim                     Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J. H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt