[OpenIndiana-discuss] Strange Apache problem

Matt Connolly matt.connolly.au at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 22:22:38 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I have a strange problem with Apache 2.2 on my oi_148 machine, which I didn't have in previous versions.

I have an alias setup in apache so a url like "http://localhost/alias" points to a php application. This works from localhost. It also works if I manually type the ip4 address, but it does not work from a mac client using mdns lookup, ie: "http://server.local/alias". I can see in netstat that the mac client is using the ip6 address from mdns, which used to work fine.

To be clear, it's just the alias that doesn't work, the root URL "http://server.local/" does work correctly.

Has anyone seen apache directives not work with ip6 but still work with ip4??

Thanks for any input,
Matt.