[OpenIndiana-discuss] NTFS-3G

Robin Axelsson gu99roax at student.chalmers.se
Tue Apr 26 10:20:58 UTC 2011

On 2011-04-23 16:06, Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have compiled ntfs-3g under OpenIndiana 148 and it works just fine.
> Also, I have made some patches and I have send them to the developers for
> review. If anyone wants to test the package, please send me an e-mail
> off-list.
>

> Regards,
>
> A.S.

Great job!
I was sitting for days trying to get it work on OSOL b111. I finally
made it work but when I updated to 134 it stopped working again. The
system just crashed hard whenever I tried to mount an NTFS volume (using
"mount ntfs-3g ...."). I even managed (after quite a bit of bickering)
to compile the at the time latest version of fuse (I think it was 2.8.2)
but that didn't help. It's as people say at the Opensolaris forums:
ntfs-3g is fragile.
So if you have managed to make it work reliably, all I can say is
congratulations! If you wish to share how you overcame the obstacles,
that would be much appreciated.

Robin.