[OpenIndiana-discuss] [zfs-discuss] aclmode -> no zfs in heterogeneous networks anymore?

Gregory Youngblood gregory at youngblood.me
Tue Apr 26 10:39:48 UTC 2011

I haven't been bit by this yet, but think I am about to be as I was planningvon setting up a share that would be used across Mac, Linux, and windows. Unfortunately it seems as though using zfs in such a mixed environment is not a good idea any longer unless you like constant support headaches. From what I have read windows will be ok but when Linux and Mac are added to the mix, potentially even if using nfs and not cifs, acls are prone to getting whacked.

Please tell me I am missing something as this seems like a terrible idea made with the best of intentions making zfs (and Solaris/oi) unusable in one of the areas it used to shine (and that I had taken for granted after setting it up on older versions before).

Sent from my Droid Incredible.