[OpenIndiana-discuss] Java 7

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 1 19:26:49 UTC 2011

> So I'm not saying I'm against open source (who is?) but I feel that
> every business has a choice over which licensing model is most appropriate for
> their products and profitability.

And I as a user have the right to like or dislike what a company does.
In this case, I strongly believe that what this company does is simply
wrong.

> before Solaris was ever open sourced. Most of us didn't start using
> OpenSolaris because someone tacked "open" in front of its name -- we
> chose it for its innovation. It sounds to me as if Oracle has decided to keep

The point is that Solaris became, let's say, popular only when it became
Open. Only then more people, than the few thousands, got interested in the

OS and its innovations. And now that Oracle has close sourced Solaris, I
am very sure you will count its users with the fingers of your hands!

Finally, when I see something that I feel is wrong I have every right
to say what I feel or believe. If you feel I am bashing Oracle, then
just delete the message as you had suggested!

A.S.