[OpenIndiana-discuss] Java 7

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 2 18:49:36 UTC 2011

> Yes, it is a nice licensing model, because Oracle is a business, not a charity,
> and it's first duty is to it's shareholders. Red Hat, IBM, Microsoft,

You cannot compare RH with Oracle and Microsoft. RH is selling support for
an OpenSource OS while Oracle and Microsoft have donated to the Open Source
community almost nothing. RH had produced and donated pieces of software,
but Oracle and Microsoft have done quite the opposite.

> There are lots of great people who work at Oracle, even before they absorbed
> Sun, and constantly bad-mouthing the company does them a great dis-service.

Yes but they are many excellent computer scientists working for Microsoft
but does not mean we should stop complaining about Microsoft's
practices etc.!

> And, really, do you think you're going to change the way they do business?

Yes because in the end I am sure no one will buy their products. Already
lost of people have stopped using mySQL. Others will follow.

> Is Mad Larry going to wake up with the cold sweats at 2am, thinking "My
> God! Apostolos complained on oi-discuss about Java 7! Where have I gone wrong
> with my life? Give that man some source code and a big hug!"

Well, Mad Larry should apply for a real role in the upcoming Avengers movie
and leave us alone!

A.S.