[OpenIndiana-discuss] Java 7

Pablo Oddera pablo.oddera at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 21:04:23 UTC 2011

Alan,

Good links, but if you were going to emphasize that Oracle gave some code to
the community, Microsoft gave the double. Even worst Oracle has "Unbreakable
Linux (sic)", which is no more than a glorified clon of Red Hat (love Red
Hat by the way). So in short, they gave up a little, steal a lot and close
the source of everything that they can. That's really how Oracle "loves" the
opensource!

Being the kind of company Oracle is, the size of the Linux related projects,
you would expect a little more from them. Red Hat gave an 11% of the code.
Microsoft 4% and Oracle 2%

This is not against you, but Oracle as a company is not committed to help
the open source. I saw the link with your contribution and that's great, but
that doesn't solve the bottom line for Oracle.

Best regards