[OpenIndiana-discuss] Problems with installing PostgreSQL-84

Alexander Lesle groups at tierarzt-mueller.de
Thu Aug 4 21:06:35 UTC 2011

Hello All,

in my test Environment I use oi_151 that I have updated from oi_148 by
using the PackageManager-Gui (Publisher: pkg.openindiana.org/dev-il/)
I mentioned it because it seems to be different to the iso from here
http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/oi_151

OK I want to install PostgreSQL-84
First I search
root at oi_test:~# pkg search -r postgres
Install:
root at oi_test:~# pkg install database/postgres-84 database/postgres-84/tests database/postgres-84/language-bindings database/postgres-84/contrib database/postgres-84/library database/postgres-84/developer database/postgres-84/documentation service/database/postgres-84
Plan wird erstelltpkg: 'database/postgres-84' entspricht mehreren Paketen
        service/database/postgres-84
        database/postgres-84

Ups, second shot by leaving "database/postgres-84":
root at oi_test:~# pkg install database/postgres-84/tests database/postgres-84/language-bindings database/postgres-84/contrib database/postgres-84/library database/postgres-84/developer database/postgres-84/documentation service/database/postgres-84
Plan wird erstelltpkg: 'database/postgres-84' entspricht mehreren Paketen
        service/database/postgres-84
        database/postgres-84
              Zu installierende Pakete:     8
           Startumgebung erstellen:  Nein
               Neu zu startende Dienste:     1
DOWNLOAD                                PAKETE     DATEIEN ÜBERTRAGUNG (MB)
Completed                                  8/8   2387/2387    16.4/16.4

PHASE                                       AKTIONEN
Installationsphase                         2802/2802

PHASE                                       ELEMENTE
Paketstatus-Aktualisierungsphase                 8/8
Abbildstatus-Aktualisierungsphase                2/2

Fine install ok now verify
root at oi_test:~# pkginfo | grep postg
system      SUNWpostgr-84-contrib            PostgreSQL community contributed tools not part of core product
system      SUNWpostgr-84-devel              PostgreSQL development tools and header files
system      SUNWpostgr-84-docs               PostgreSQL documentation and man pages
system      SUNWpostgr-84-libs               PostgreSQL client libraries
system      SUNWpostgr-84-pl                 PostgreSQL additional Perl, Python & TCL server procedural languages
system      SUNWpostgr-84-server             PostgreSQL database server
system      SUNWpostgr-84-server-data-root   PostgreSQL database server data directories and root components
system      SUNWpostgr-84-tests              PostgreSQL functional regression tests
system      SUNWpostgr-common                PostgreSQL common version independent files
system      SUNWpostgr-common-root           PostgreSQL common version independent files (Root)

I am missing the PostgreSQL client tools and I find no way to install
it with the CLI. The only way is to install it with the PackageManager-Gui.

Do I use the wrong pattern or is it a bug?

Sorry for my involved description.
--
Best Regards
Alexander