[OpenIndiana-discuss] Question about WD drives with Super Micro systems

Jason J. W. Williams jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 17:00:24 UTC 2011

WD's drives have gotten better the last few years but their quality is still not very good. I doubt they test their drives extensively for heavy duty server configs, particularly since you don't see them inside any of the major server manufactures' boxes.

Hitachi in particular does well in mass storage configs.

-J

Sent via iPhone

Is your email Premiere?