[OpenIndiana-discuss] Cloud printing in OpenIndiana??

Gary Driggs gdriggs at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 14:15:16 UTC 2011

On Aug 12, 2011, at 3:05 AM, "Hans J. Albertsson" wrote:

> Could cloud printing to legacy printers be supported in OI?
> I e could the printer queues in OI be made cloud aware and cloud responsive??

I'm not aware of any cloud printing services to traditional "legacy" devices aside from those offered by Google. And as far as I know, it's entirely dependent on the Chrome browser and the cloud print extension. So it would require an effort to either port Chrome to OI or Solaris or extract that functionality from the browser extension and integrate it in to the OS. So if you're eager to use cloud printing right away with OI, I'd recommend upgrading your printer instead.

-Gary