[OpenIndiana-discuss] KVM on Illumos

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 19:38:19 UTC 2011

Dave Koelmeyer wrote:
> For those that haven't already seen:
>
> http://dtrace.org/blogs/bmc/2011/08/15/kvm-on-illumos/
I would like to know, now that is KVM here in Illumos
(and presumably in OpenIndiana and when also AMD CPU support is written,
beside Intel support),
does that means we have something more powerful than XEN is?

I do not know if all Joyent's upgrades they made to illumos
(ZFS disk bandwith for zones, etc) ends up inside Illumos?

Since Oracle left working Xen in S11Ex for 64-bit x86 host but is
pushing it's closed Xen implementation
and Xen support is currently not quite maintained in
Illumos/OpenIndiana, maybe KVM is what one could use (beside Virtualbox).