[OpenIndiana-discuss] Migrating data from linux

Kimmo Jaskari kimmo.jaskari at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 17:29:58 UTC 2011

But on the bright side - once you've created a RAIDZ instead of a
RAID5 and need to move it to another OpenIndiana install down the
line, you literally have to just: zpool export poolname, and then move
the disks to the new machine and do: zpool import poolname, and data
is checksummed so you know every bit came with. :) So, worth it in
other words (putting it mildly) for a storage server.

--
-{ Kimmo Jaskari }--{ kimmo.jaskari at gmail.com }--

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go
away." -- Philip K. Dick