[OpenIndiana-discuss] Boot environments blow away config settings on reboot

Jason J. W. Williams jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 23:54:15 UTC 2011

By limiting which packages I install and adding the "--deny-new-be"
flag to the "pkg install" runs I seem to have prevented new boot
environments from being created. However, files like
/etc/nsswitch.conf seem to revert to their original installed version
after I reboot. Very confused by that given the lack of a new BE.

-J