[OpenIndiana-discuss] Boot environments blow away configsettings on reboot

Jason J. W. Williams jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 01:34:21 UTC 2011

Yeah. That's what I get for getting rusty on OpenSolaris for a year.
That said, the boot environment behavior is really a killer when
you're running a deployment system like Chef or Puppet. Packages like
svr4 creating a boot environment early in a Chef run means when you
reboot, the changes made later in the Chef run disappear because they
were applied to the original boot environment before "pkg install
svr4" (for example) pulled a snapshot for the new boot environment.

-J

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Dan Swartzendruber <dswartz at druber.com> wrote:
> LOL

>>> 2.) Install LDAP config files into /var/ldap