[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana (or others) and Dell E6320 - Sandybridge

Ned Lewis nl at nedlewis.org
Sun Aug 28 23:39:05 UTC 2011

I'm so new to OI that I don't really qualify to have an opinion, but I had
to chuckle at Kimmo's post because it sounded so familiar.  I started with
slackware when it first became available... and there of course was lot of
that sort of thing.. and the fact is the same " with early versions of SunOs
using Sun's compiler and lots of dependencies....there were apps that were
hard to deal with.

Sort of like "welcome to 1991"!

If enough people are involved these things ought to get better over time.

One thing that did strike me was his point that we work hard and often don't
want to spend too much time coding and figuring out complicated workarounds
in our spare time.  That could happen to me... I do tend to try to have my
hobbies be non-computer related.

Ned