[OpenIndiana-discuss] Dell R510 SAS2 Backplane with SAS2008 (PERC H200)

Rich rercola at acm.jhu.edu
Thu Dec 1 06:50:15 UTC 2011

I'm guessing it has to be the drives, because
 A) I don't think the SAS expander portions of the SAS protocol are optional
 B) I have tried some extremely convoluted SAS expander configurations
with OI and had them run "fine"*.

I'd finger LSI as making any SAS things for Dell by default, as I know
they're the ones who have made it in the past, and I don't know of any
other company with SAS expanders on the market.

- Rich