[OpenIndiana-discuss] Dell R510 SAS2 Backplane with SAS2008 (PERC H200)

Andy Lubel alubel at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 23:52:23 UTC 2011

It's 100% Dell at this point. I haven't called them because I'm guessing they don't speak Solaris and I can't reproduce the behavior on any of the supported OS'. I'll try nonetheless and see what happens.

Rather than return the drives/system I was thinking of getting the h700i and just doing jbod or single disk raid0 volumes. Again not my favorite but this is about the 8th straight day I've been fighting this.

Thanks so far for your ideas and input. When troubleshooting things like this it's really helpful!

Andy