[OpenIndiana-discuss] Fileserver performance with log and cache devices?

Per Sjoholm Per.T.Sjoholm at flysta.net
Fri Dec 2 20:34:17 UTC 2011

On 12/02/2011 07:44 PM, Gary Mills wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 08:59:48AM -0600, Gary Mills wrote:
>> I'm in the process of setting up a fileserver running oi_151a.  How
>> can I determine the performance improvement from adding log and cache
>> devices?  I'm using filebench with the fileserver personality.  Is
>> that my best choice?  So far, I've tried filebench directly on the
>> server and also on an NFS client.  What statistics should I be
>> watching?
> So, can nobody answer my questions?

http://constantin.glez.de/blog/2011/02/frequently-asked-questions-about-flash-memory-ssds-and-zfs
# How Do I Know if an SSD Will Really Help My Write Performance?
<http://constantin.glez.de/blog/2011/02/frequently-asked-questions-about-flash-memory-ssds-and-zfs#write>
# How Do I Know if an SSD Will Really Help My Read Performance?
<http://constantin.glez.de/blog/2011/02/frequently-asked-questions-about-flash-memory-ssds-and-zfs#read>

--

Per Sjöholm