[OpenIndiana-discuss] Which mobo allows 24 GB ram and ECC

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Sun Dec 4 19:57:19 UTC 2011

Hoping to save any more googling and pawing thru specs etc by letting
someone that knows just name motherboards that allow 24 gb max ram and
have option for ECC memory too.

This will be for a zfs server but will also be the home of many
installed guest vms... hence the high ram spec.

I've looked at quite a few asus boards which seem to have ECC option
more or less by default (unlike most others).   But then finding the
24 GB max is another matter...

Or possibly my google stings are poorly thought out or arranged.  Is
anyone else noticing that google seems NOT to honor quotations in
search string any more?