[OpenIndiana-discuss] Which mobo allows 24 GB ram and ECC

Joshua M. Clulow josh at sysmgr.org
Mon Dec 5 00:21:12 UTC 2011

On 5 December 2011 10:41, Geoff Flarity <geoff.flarity at gmail.com> wrote:
> Stay away from AMD if you're hoping to use this system with KVM.
> There's no AMD support yet, and who knows when there will be.

Depending on how much stuffing around you're up for, richlowe and I
have done some preliminary port-to-AMD work.  It works well on my HP
Microserver (AMD N36L CPU) and somewhat well on an older CPU in a
machine richlowe had access to that does not have NPT.

  https://github.com/jclulow/illumos-kvm

There are definitely still bugs to iron out, but it's hard to do that
without testers and access to more hardware.  :)

--
Joshua M. Clulow
UNIX Admin/Developer