[OpenIndiana-discuss] KVM - windows VM slow network access

Matt Connolly matt.connolly.au at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 22:39:18 UTC 2011

On 06/12/2011, at 6:29 AM, Heinz N. Gies wrote:

> Hi Matt,
> I would guess you have 'upped' the vnic on the host system? If so, run ifconfig $VNIC down and it should work like a charm :) - had the same problem

I hadn't done anything to the vnic other than create it.

However, after I changed the config to use the "virtio" network interface instead of "e1000" and installed the windows drivers (available from Fedora) the networking is running fine.

I wonder if there's some hidden conflict of emulating an "e1000" interface on a real "e1000" interface (which my system has). In any case, that part is solved, and moral of the story is to try different network interfaces :)

Thanks,
Matt