[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana/ZFS mail server HA config

Lucas Van Tol catseyev9 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 5 23:06:33 UTC 2011

I had been trying to work out some kind of HA using iscsi LUNS + ZFS mirror on top of that; but I never got around to figuring out an automated failover process.
You would want the master to not share out it's LUN; and the other node to check if there is a system at the 'master' address before trying to become the master.
It probably wouldn't be very fast, but it might be sufficient if you can get the failover worked out.