[OpenIndiana-discuss] Which mobo allows 24 GB ram and ECC

James C. McPherson james.c.mcpherson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 23:12:09 UTC 2011

On  6/12/11 07:56 AM, Geoff Flarity wrote:

> Ok, I ask because I know the Intel port is very specific (Nahelm,
> Westemere and Sandy Bridge only). I have an old Athalon II I believe
> so I can give it shot sometime.

<obpedant>
If you could manage to spell the chip name correctly, other
people coming across your post in the archives might be able
to (a) see what you're talking about, and (b) search for the
correct terms.

Nehalem
Westmere
Athlon

and for good measure, Sun's T-series architecture started
with the "Niagara".

</obpedant>

James C. McPherson
--
Solaris kernel software engineer, system admin and troubleshooter
               http://www.jmcp.homeunix.com/blog