[OpenIndiana-discuss] What advantages of KVM over Vbox

Dave Koelmeyer davekoelmeyer at me.com
Tue Dec 6 02:39:47 UTC 2011

On 06 Dec, 2011,at 12:41 PM, Harry Putnam <reader at newsguy.com> wrote:

> But I am upgrading... in the sweet bye and bye.

If you are going with Intel then make jolly sure to read the small type before committing. I assumed the quad core Q8200 I purchased a couple years back would have VT-x support (quad core Intel CPU, c.2009 right?), but incredibly it doesn't. One of the reasons I buy AMD now (okay, no AMD support for KVM on OpenIndiana yet), these sort marketing tricks are a complete pain in the butt.

Cheers,

--
Dave Koelmeyer
http://blog.davekoelmeyer.co.nz