[OpenIndiana-discuss] Dell R510 SAS2 Backplane with SAS2008 (PERC H200)

Andy Lubel alubel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 18:24:44 UTC 2011

Yeah dell support was great, they twiddled their thumbs then put me on the phone with a sales guy and at that point I just decided to order a h700i. All this fear and uncertainty regarding hard drive shortages puts my delivery date at risk (I would have rather switched to Sata). If it doesn't work out I'm just going to return the whole box and build my own and mimic the hardware on a 7000/J series platform.

The drives just aren't powering up but are visible and the data in the logs yields nothing for me to troubleshoot further. I do find it strange that Solaris 10 works fine though.

I will update this thread with my findings on the h700i and sas2.