[OpenIndiana-discuss] Webmin problems on openindiana

Kim Culhan w8hdkim at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 12:25:48 UTC 2011

On Tue, December 6, 2011 2:00 pm, Hans J. Albertsson wrote:
> I installed the included webmin package from the openindiana.org
> repository, but whatever I do it won't start.
Recently installed webmin package:

FMRI: pkg://
openindiana.org/system/management/webmin at 1.510,5.11-0.151.1:20110912T025048Z

The pkg installer copies the webmin manifest to:
/lib/svc/manifest/application/management

An error in the installer results in it looking in the wrong place for the
manifest,
you can compensate for that:

Import the manifest by saying:

svccfg import /lib/svc/manifest/application/management/webmin.xml

Enable by saying:

svcadm enable webmin

Also, the 'update' facility in webmin does not provide a 'start' script
with the updated webmin files and there could be other changes
in the OI package. This would be worth investigating if
considering an update.

-kim