[OpenIndiana-discuss] Disappearing comstar luns?

Chris Ridd chrisridd at mac.com
Fri Dec 9 15:23:33 UTC 2011

On 8 Oct 2011, at 01:45, Dan Swartzendruber wrote:

> So I have 3 iscsi luns (based on files) for 3 windows 7 boxes.  I use them
> for backup via win7 backup tool.  Two of the luns are infrequently used
> (every few weeks.)  I've noticed when the person with the laptop comes over,
> and I look at their disks, the iscsi "local disk" is not connected.  I then
> do ' stmfadm list-lu -v' and I see that the missing ones are showing as
> defined but unregistered, and I have to do ' stmfadm import-lu FILENAME' and
> voila it's back.  Any idea why this might be happening?  Thanks...

I've just noticed that since upgrading from 148 to 151a, 8 of my iSCSI LUNs have vanished, along with their 2 targets. So it isn't just you, Dan.

I can see some evidence of them in the properties of the stmf service, and like Dan, stmfadm list-lu -v shows them as unregistered.

The underlying zvols are still present and (I assume) correct in /dev/zvol/rdsk/blah/blah.

Is the FILENAME you use with import-lu the /dev/zvol/rdsk/... volume device?

Chris