[OpenIndiana-discuss] Anyone else using IPMIView20 on OpenIndiana?

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Sun Dec 11 16:42:36 UTC 2011

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 03:12:09PM +0000, Matt Clark wrote:
> On 9 Dec 2011, at 16:41, Gary Mills wrote:
>
> > I also had trouble with the GUI console.  In this case, it displays
> > this error:
> > Is there another one around someplace?  Has anyone else solved this
> > problem?
>
> Have you tried the web UI on the admin port?

I just tried it.  Again, it mostly works.  Its GUI console attempts to
load libiKVM32.so again.  That would only work on Linux.  The serial
console downloads a Java webstart file that results in a Java
exception:

    java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Array index out of range: 0
    	at java.util.Vector.get(Vector.java:694)
    	at S_O_L.main(Unknown Source)

Since the serial console already works in IPMIView20, there's not much
point in making this one work.

Both `ipmitool' and `freeipmi' also have serial consoles.  I haven't
tried them yet.