[OpenIndiana-discuss] zone autoboot=true did not boot, then zfs mount fails.

Matt Connolly matt.connolly.au at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 12:20:33 UTC 2011

  On 12/12/11 01:36 PM, Mark Humphreys wrote:
> The only similar thing I've seen is when a mount-point has something in
> it.  Then the ZFS file system will refuse to mount-over that directory.  As
> your zone needs to mount before you can boot it, start looking at your ZFS
> mounting problem first.
>
> Regards,

Thanks for the hint. There was something in the directory. It was also
marked as "zoned=on" which I compared with my other test-box which is
working was off.

So `zfs set zoned=off rpool/zones/zone1`, empty the directory and `zfs
mount rpool/zones/zone1` and then the zone boots correctly.

Thanks again,
Matt.