[OpenIndiana-discuss] Still having issue with zone install

Mark Creamer whitetr6 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 16:47:34 UTC 2011

Just tried from a different OI 151a box, in a different physical location
with different Internet access. It fails too, but just to keep things
interesting, it fails on a different package:

mcreamer at sdbackup:/zones$ sudo zoneadm -z testzone install
WARNING: skipping network interface 'vnic0' which is used in the global
zone.
   Publisher: Using openindiana.org (http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev/ ).
       Image: Preparing at /zones/testzone/root.
       Cache: Using /var/pkg/download.
Sanity Check: Looking for 'entire' incorporation.
  Installing: Core System (output follows)
               Packages to install:     1
           Create boot environment:    No
DOWNLOAD                                  PKGS       FILES    XFER (MB)
Completed                                  1/1         3/3      0.0/0.0

PHASE                                        ACTIONS
Install Phase                                  15/15

PHASE                                          ITEMS
Package State Update Phase                       1/1
Image State Update Phase                         2/2
               Packages to install:    50
           Create boot environment:    No
               Services to restart:     3
DOWNLOAD                                  PKGS       FILES    XFER (MB)
runtime/perl-510/extra                    3/50  5706/22960   41.8/117.8

Errors were encountered while attempting to retrieve package or file data
for
the requested operation.
Details follow:

http protocol error: code: 500 reason: Internal Server Error
http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev/openindiana.org/file/1/7b885b7c9957a5e76a00f938eae75049947e8c79
'.
ERROR: failed to install package

I'd love to try this from a internal repository. Is it possible for me to
set up a repository on my own network to point these installs to? By the
way, last week I did try switching to a different (Internet) repository at
someone's suggestion. I think it was in Germany (.de domain). It failed
too.

'Bout out of ideas (and time)...any other ideas? I greatly appreciate
everyone's help.

--
Mark