[OpenIndiana-discuss] Solaris 11 source code leaked?

Nikola M. minikola at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 15:24:48 UTC 2011

On 19.12.11. 15:38, Jonathan Adams wrote:
> http://phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?65756-Solaris-11-source-code-leaked
>
> http://news.softpedia.com/news/Oracle-Solaris-11-Kernel-Source-Leaked-241597.shtml
>
> Has this been "leaked"? do we want to try to look/keep well clear in
> order to see where ZFS changes are made with encryption, to enable
> support?
If it is true, and Orcl planned to come out with it in some time in the
future,
then this "leak" is truly not such a good situation...

If that it is what it seems, code can be used just to watch it (for
ideas etc) but one needs to rewrite in free implementation anything
alike that is changed since Opensolaris close-down.

Looks to me that Orcl better step up soon to say that they are
collaborating in the future anyway in the open manner
and and that such "leaks" are not necessary for such a big and
respectful company to gain open-source oriented customers and public.
They already have tons of open source products - that are open and
commercial at the same time everywhere already and in the future, it is
for sure.

Anyway, Just small clarification from Oracle that code release is
blessed by them could clear things up. And will gain respect from wider
Solaris community and future customers.