[OpenIndiana-discuss] Solaris 11 source code leaked?

Gabriel de la Cruz gabriel.delacruz at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 11:43:25 UTC 2011

Oracle really knows how to earn the hearts of everyone... using
bittorrent... how innovative!

The code comes together with legal guidelines how to use it... as long
as those guidelines are followed, there is nothing wrong about it.
This is not marked as classified or proprietary, does it even have the
level of clearance to be considered a leak? It is built on the top of
opensource, it is not classified, therefore is not a leak.

The channel how it was distributed is not the usual one (that might
reflect an internal problem in Oracle, internal problems are to be
solved internally, we have nothing to do with that), but no one but
Oracle could had possibly released that code (intentionally or by an
organizational malfunction).

The most they can do is politely asking not to use it.

Am I wrong?

Is it worth to ask a lawyer? I assume that the code might have some good use...

Br