[OpenIndiana-discuss] Allowing sudo for users *per zone*

Jeppe Toustrup openindiana at tenzer.dk
Tue Dec 20 15:39:42 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 16:19, Mark Creamer <whitetr6 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to find a way to allow certain users more control over their
> zones created for development. But I found that there is not /etc/sudoers
> file in the zone. I read in a post that sudo affects the global zone, but
> obviously I don't want all users to have elevated privileges in all zones.
> What's the right way to handle this?

The reason to why there is no sudoers file in the zone, is because
sudo is not installed per default in zones. Install it with "pkg
install sudo".

Perhaps the guide you read was about allowing users to control their
own zone from the global zone, and setting up sudo to do that?

--
Venlig hilsen / Kind regards
Jeppe Toustrup (aka. Tenzer)