[OpenIndiana-discuss] Dedup - warning use or futher work?

Milan Jurik milan.jurik at xylab.cz
Thu Dec 22 12:41:37 UTC 2011

Hi,

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk píše v St 21. 12. 2011 v 21:36 +0100:
> Hi all
>
> As we may know by now, the current dedup code isn't very useful.

why is it not very usefull? There are setups where it is very good.

> Are there work being done on this code at the moment? If not, I think it might be a good idea to either remove it or at least add a rather flashy warning so that people won't use it for new systems unless they really want to (as in want to do testing or know what they're doing).

Do you want to have big warning to every setup which can be problematic
in some cases and in some not? In such case you will have warning in too
many places.

Maybe manpage can be improved to note that dedup makes sense only in
specific setups and good configurations?

> Vennlige hilsener / Best regards
>
> roy

Best regards,

Milan