[OpenIndiana-discuss] Setting up Ldap client

Milan Jurik milan.jurik at xylab.cz
Sun Dec 25 19:52:22 UTC 2011

Chris,

Chris Ridd píše v ne 25. 12. 2011 v 19:22 +0000:
> On 25 Dec 2011, at 19:16, Milan Jurik wrote:
>
> > Chris,
> >
> > Chris Ridd píše v ne 25. 12. 2011 v 18:31 +0000:

> >> ldapclient required them to be set on the command-line even for a configuration that didn't use a specially authorized "proxy" user. I verified with tcpdump that there were no binds as the proxy user.
> >>

> > in case you are using only anonymous credential level? In such case you
> > should fill bug.
>
> Indeed. There was a project in Opensolaris to modernize/replace this code IIRC - did it ever complete? I may have been waiting for that.

do you mean Duckwater? Never finished as you can see on opensolaris.org.
If you look at Solaris 11 release you will find the configuration of
naming stack is different but ldapclient params did not change (maybe
your issue was fixed). I have no idea what is the future in case of
Solaris.

Best regards,

Milan