[OpenIndiana-discuss] Missing Intel NIC Driver on OpenIndiana oi_148

Okky Hendriansyah mawcikurl at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 12:47:05 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I've done the sys-unconfig, but the ones that was detected was only the old
D-Link fast ethernet PCI card as the primary network interface. These are
the output of the unknown ethernet controller shown in Device Driver
Utility:

Driver URL:
node name:                          pci8086,2001
Vendor:                             Intel Corporation
binding name:                       pci8086,2001
devfs path:                         /pci at 0,0/pci8086,2001
pci path:                           0,19,0
compatible name:
(pci8086,1503.8086.2001.4)(pci8086,1503.8086.2001)(pci8086,2001)(pci8086,1503.4)(pci8086,1503)(pciclass,020000)(pciclass,0200)
driver name:                        unknown
acpi-namespace:                     _SB_.PCI0.GBE_
assigned-addresses:                 8200c810
reg:                                c800
compatible:                         pci8086,1503.8086.2001.4
model:                              Ethernet controller
power-consumption:                  1
devsel-speed:                       0
interrupts:                         1
max-latency:                        0
min-grant:                          0
subsystem-vendor-id:                8086
subsystem-id:                       2001
unit-address:                       19
class-code:                         20000
revision-id:                        4
vendor-id:                          8086
device-id:                          1503

What other alternatives that I have as a workaround?

Best regards,
Okky Hendriansyah